Saturday, November 10, 2007

Post XI: Music Video


The reason that I chose this video is because I really think that it is an entertaining music video. It is a music video of the song “Yeah” by Usher. I really like this video because of all the dancing that they do in it. I think that watching Usher do all of his dance moves is really cool and I think that it is very fun to watch. It has an upbeat tempo and I really like the music. If it was just something that was entertaining to watch, but was horrible to listen to, then I don’t think that I would find the music video all that good. I don’t want to have to watch videos with “mute” on all the time. However, I did not once feel the urge to do that while watching this video. In order to make a good music video, you have to use a song that appeals to the audience you are trying to please. That takes care of the audio aspect of the music video. However, that’s not all. You also have to have a good visual aspect and that is in the actual making of the video. It is essential to have both of these aspects at work in your video in order to make it a good video. I think that in this video there is a great combination of both the audio and visual aspects. The different colors of flashing lights really appeal to the visual aspect of this spectrum. They catch the viewer’s attention and can kind of enthrall them. This is great music for the audience that this music video was geared for and therefore does an excellent job the audio end of the spectrum as well. All in all, this video really encompasses all of the necessary aspects needed to create a great music video. I guess that’s why I find it so intriguing.

No comments: